#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Not dry, not heavy but hugely tasty and very versatile – have as a main meal with veggies or with a salad, ideal for lunchboxes, and can freeze it in slices – the best nut roast you are ever going to make!
Apricot and Rosemary Nut Roast Recipe
What you need:
- 2 onions – finely diced
- 200g Dried Apricots
- 200g Mixed Nuts
- 400g tin of lentils
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Heat oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6 and line of a loaf tin with baking paper
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sautee onions for 10 mins until soft, not brown
- Add apricots to the food processor with 100ml of cold water and process until a smooth paste. Add nuts and pulse until mostly broken down. Add the drained lentils to the processor and pulse until everything is mixed together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl
- Pull the rosemary leaves off the stalks and chop, add to the bowl with the onions and seasoning and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin, pressing down with the back of a spoon. Until compact and level.
- Bake in the oven for around 45mins until golden brown.
- Allow cooling in the tin before turning it out onto a board to serve.