#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Love this soup and it’s high time we stopped just using watercress in salad and as a garnish, the creamy bit of this soup does not come from double cream or milk but from coconut cream so adds to the flavor too! WINNER!
Creamy Watercress Soup Recipe
What you need:
- 2 bags of Watercress
- 450ml of vegetable stock
- 3 leeks chopped. – ideally mostly the white ends
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 small tin/carton of coconut cream
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the leeks and potatoes – cook on low heat for a few minutes and then add the watercress and mix together.
- Turn the heat down as low as possible, put a lid on, and sweat down the veggies for around 15 mins but stir every couple of minutes so does not catch.
- Add the stock and cook for around 15 to 20 mins
- Blend the soup in batches until smooth
- Stir in the coconut cream and season to taste and reheat gently
- Ideal for freezing too.