#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Ok so a steak that is a vegetable does sound a bit strange but it actually works! This lovely herby marinade packs a punch on the flavor front too. Serve as a side dish or a main on a bed of quinoa or rice.
Herby Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
What you need:
- Large cauliflower
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ red chili – finely chopped
- A handful of fresh chopped parsley
- A handful of freshly chopped coriander
- 125ml olive oil
- 4 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Heat oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
- Blitz all the marinade ingredients in a food processor to a rough paste
- Slice the cauliflower lengthways into 1cm slices. – if cauliflower large should easily get 2 good steaks but maybe 3 to 4 depending on size save the rest for another meal.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and gently brown the cauliflower 1 min each side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spoon the marinade over the steaks on each side, cook for 25mins turning half way.