#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Time to get familiar with quinoa! No idea how to say it let allow cook it … this recipe is beyond easy (the secret lookout for the ‘tail’) and makes extra as it is great for leftovers – hot or cold, Serve this up with mains, salads, or even just by itself, a great alternative to rice, pasta, and potatoes.
Delicious Quinoa with Spinach and Chili
What you need :
- 200g Quinoa
- 20g fresh coriander
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 100g spinach
What to do :
- Place the quinoa into a saucepan with 450ml of boiling water and a little salt
- and cook for 12-15 mins on a low to medium heat – keep an eye on it as it can catch (Tip, start by adding 300 ml of water and then as it cooks add a little more)
- Chop the fresh coriander
- Mix together in a jug the coriander, chili flakes, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, tamarin, and chili powder.
- Once the quinoa is cooked – you will know this as a little tail appears out of the grain stir in the spinach so that it wilts a little.
- Add the chili sauce to the quinoa, stir and serve!
Adapted from a recipe from Herbalicious Vegan Cookery Courses