#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Made this many times and hard to write one recipe as do a variation every time! A base of Red Cabbage and Rocket then mix and match the spices and herbs/dressing to suit your taste and your mood!
What you need:
- Half a Red Cabbage
- Bag of Rocket
- Bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley or coriander
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Nuts – pistachios / hazelnuts / flaked almonds
- Spices – fennel seeds (toasted in a pan), chili flakes, sesame seeds
- For your options use a good handful of the nuts and a tablespoon of seeds but ½ of chili flakes.
For this, I used dairy-free coconut yogurt but can use crème Fraiche, natural Greek yogurt – about a small tub but more if its larger cabbage or you like more dressing.
What to do:
- Chop the cabbage lengthways into strips and mix in large bowl with the rocket and herbs
- Toast the fennel seeds and / or sesame seeds if used in a pan for a minute – watch them – in a dry pan they can catch quickly !
- Add to bowl with chilli if using and lemon juice
- Add whatever dressing options you choose and mix well.
- This will keep in a container in fridge for around 2 to 3 days