#plantnom – recipes for the plant curious
Made this many times and hard to write one recipe as do a variation every time ! A base of Red Cabbage and Rocket then mix and match the spices and herbs / dressing to suit your taste and your mood !
What you need :
Half a Red Cabbage
Bag of Rocket
Bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley or coriander
Juice of ½ lemon
Nuts – pistachios / hazelnuts / flaked almonds
Spices – fennel seeds (toasted in a pan) , chilli flakes , sesame seeds
For your options use a good handful of the nuts and a tablespoon of seeds but ½ of chilli flakes
For this I used dairy free coconut yoghurt but can use crème fraiche, natural Greek yoghurt – about a small tub but more if its larger cabbage or you like more dressing
What to do :
- Chop the cabbage lengthways into strips and mix in large bowl with the rocket and herbs
- Toast the fennel seeds and / or sesame seeds if used in a pan for a minute – watch them – in a dry pan they can catch quickly !
- Add to bowl with chilli if using and lemon juice
- Add whatever dressing options you choose and mix well.
- This will keep in a container in fridge for around 2 to 3 days